Sunday, May 14, 2006

Miscellaneous pics from the last two months


Here are some miscellaneous photos from over past few months. Not much traveling in April. I spent most of it in the US getting my affairs in order for an extended assignment. There are some pics for around Brussels, Waterloo and from the military museum. I revisited the later two to show a few co-workers some sites around Brussels.

At Waterloo I walked by Hougomont (wiki) which looks to be a fully functioning farm still. It's hard to get to, but I think part of the wall remains in in place on opposite end of the farm. Also caught a monument of Victor Hugo and the site of the last stand of the French from the battlefield where several companies refused to surrender though where surrounded. This is today represented by a monument of an Eagle with a Broken wing and defensive claw raised refusing to let go of the French Imperial Banner.

A few other pics show some things I missed in the first run at the Royal Military Museum. I finally got a close look at the 88 they have there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home