Saturday, June 06, 2009

West Highlands of Scotland




I have to say I originally hated the idea of taking a bus tour while on vacation, but the more of them I take, the more I like them.   Here we traveled from Edinburgh into the West highlands visiting castles and lochs.

  • Castle Duone -- Used for a number of scenes in Monty Python's Holy Grail.
  • Castle Kilchurn -- Ask Kai for the story on how the driver almost did not take us to see this great castle.  This is situated on the shores of Loch Awe.
  • Invernary Castle -- The seat of the clan chief of clan Campbell, the Duke of Argyll.
  • Loch Lomond -- Yes the one in the song.
  • Stirling Castle --  Everyone who has seen Braveheart knows this one.

The Highlands are striking for their spartan beauty and unspoiled wilderness.  Driving in and around Scotland was the first time that I felt like I had entered country that nature holds more sway than man while I was in Europe.    A remarkable place.

The best shots of this trip was a series I caught of Kai looking out of the window on the second floor of castle Kilchurn.   I try not to repeat a lot of shots, but I like these a great deal so posted all of them.  She looks great.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home